Table of contents:
- Here are the winners by category in alphabetical order:
- Readers' votes and the jury assess the winners
Video: Machine Market Awards "Best Of Industry Award 2017"
2023 Author: Hannah Pearcy | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-01 01:49
In a gala event in Würzburg, the trade magazine MM Maschinenmarkt awarded the Best of Industry Prize to the best of the best in the industry. Only companies that have already won an industry award, were nominated for it or whose innovation on maschinemarkt.de met with the greatest reader interest on the shortlist for the award.
"Collecting top performance: This happens at the 'Best of Industry Award' in a months-long review process," explains Hans-Jürgen Kuntze, publisher of the MM Maschinen Markt. “Our team researches important product awards all over the world. Only products that have won such an award or at least were on the shortlist will be shortlisted."
Here are the winners by category in alphabetical order:
- Additive manufacturing - Autodesk with the Dreamcatcher project
- Drive technology - cable consulting with the energy and resource efficient drive system Energy Light
- Automation - Rittal with the Blue e + generation of cooling units
- Industrial engineering - Serapid with the Link Lift chain
- Industry 4.0 - Schaeffler with the machine tool 4.0
- Material flow - Jungheinrich with the EKX 516 narrow aisle truck
- Robotics - Liebherr gear technology with the Bin Picking robot application
- Machining - Waldrich Coburg with the Taurus portal milling machine
Readers' votes and the jury assess the winners
The winners of the “Best of Industry Award 2017” were determined by an evaluation process that was based on the results of an online reader vote and an expert jury. The jury of experts from industry and research as well as from the MM editorial team evaluated the nominees according to the criteria of technical level of innovation and benefits for industry, the environment and society. The result of the jury was included in the evaluation with 40%, the larger part comes from the reader voting. Almost 11,000 votes were cast in a few weeks.
The mood was good among nominees and award winners. Until late in the evening in the Würzburg Vogel Convention Center, they celebrated not only the winners of the "Best of Industry Award 2017", but also the innovative power of German mechanical engineering.