Table of contents:
Video: Pallet Wine Rack
You can build the wall shelf from an old Euro pallet yourself in one afternoon - provided you have a pallet left. Pallet dealers in the industrial area make it easy to get the coveted material. In the meantime, some hardware stores have even added brand-new pallets to their range, because the demand for self-made pallet furniture has become so great. But a real pallet wine rack actually lives from the patina and the signs of use of the euro pallet used.
Build your own bar from pallets
The construction of the pallet bar is not that difficult - an ideal entry-level project! Of course you can choose the dimensions according to your space …
Build a wine rack from a Euro pallet
The instructions above explain which work steps are necessary to build the pallet rack yourself. It is also good to know that pallet furniture is quite heavy! If you want to attach the wine rack to the wall, you need correspondingly strong dowels and screws. In addition, pallet furniture poses a latent risk of injury because the edges are usually sharp and chips and chips are everywhere. For a household with small children, the material is therefore not recommended without restrictions!
What you need for the pallet wine rack:
- Euro pallet (there are used or new ones, for example, they have even been deleted in the hardware store)
- Coarse grit sandpaper
- Possibly. Wood protection glaze with brush
- Cordless drill, wood drill, bits
- Forstner bit (approx. 12 to 15 mm diameter)
- Jigsaw or NanoBlade saw (here EasyCut 50 from Bosch)
- Cow foot
- To force
- Hammer, folding rule, spirit level or, if applicable, carpenter's angle, pencil etc.
- Mouth protection, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection if necessary
Simple 1 - 25 € under 1 day 1
You can find more ideas about cool upcycling furniture at the DIY Academy >>