Table of contents:
Video: Mineral Light Plaster
The historic Sixenstadel in the historic old town of Nördlingen in Swabia is now home to ten families. In order to bring all requirements under one roof during the renovation, the planners decided to use almost exclusively mineral building materials for the renovation of the two buildings.
For the insulation, the architect and energy efficiency expert graduate engineer Michael Leberzammer from the architecture firm Schlientz opted for sprayable insulation, the highly heat-insulating lightweight plaster Trio-o-Therm M from Akurit Putztechnik from Sievert AG. Trio-o-Therm M is a purely mineral, EPS and airgel-free light plaster of building material class A1 (non-combustible) that bears the "Blue Angel" environmental label.
The truss walls were first covered with a layer of Trass lime plaster before the sprayable insulation was applied in thicknesses of 60 to 80 mm. For the quarry stone walls, the Trio-o-Therm M application was 50 mm. Akurit Putztechnik supplied the KSN, a natural lime scraper, as the reinforcing plaster, and the natural white lime plaster was used as the finishing plaster. This made it possible to create a capillary-conducting system open to diffusion on a purely mineral basis with excellent moisture regulation, which also meets the highest standards of healthy living. The lime interior plastering line (KIP) from Akurit Putztechnik has so far been the only interior plastering system to be certified by TÜV Nord as "suitable for allergy sufferers". The building owners also benefited from the moisture-regulating moisture-regulating wall structure and the insulation provided by the plaster in terms of the heating concept. "We use wall heating in all rooms and the excellent low thermal conductivity of the plaster used ensures that no radiant heat is lost to the outside, but that the wall heating can work in the right direction, ie inwards," explains Michael Leberzammer.
more on the subject
The Sixenstadel of Nördlingen is a listed historical building from 1712, which first appeared in the city's history books in 1796 - as the "Stadel des Hofrats Düttel". After several changes of ownership, the barn finally served as a warehouse for the Sixenbräu brewery in Nördlingen. The adjoining neighboring house was also used as a warehouse.